Yes, a new CE requirement was added during the 2017 legislative session.
s.464.013(6)(C), F.S. now includes a new CE requirement for all Florida nursing professionals.
The Board shall require each person licensed or certified under this chapter to complete a 2 hour CE course on human trafficking, as defined in s.787.06(2).
All nursing professionals must complete this course every biennium beginning January 1, 2019. The first licensees who will need to fulfill this CE requirement are those renewing April 30, 2019.
The course must consists of data and information on all of the following:
• The types of human trafficking
• Factors that place a person at greater risk of being a victim of human trafficking
• Public and private social services available for rescue, food, clothing and shelter referrals
• Hotlines for reporting human trafficking which are maintained by the National Human Trafficking Resource Center and the United States Department of Homeland Security
• Validated assessment tools for identifying a human trafficking victim and general indicators that a person may be a victim of human trafficking
• Procedures for sharing information related to human trafficking with a patient
• Referral options for legal and social services