What do I do if I have a complaint about a nursing education program in Florida?

Please send your complaint by email or letter giving the details of your complaint to:

Public Elementary or High Schools – Contact the Division of Public Schools

Nonpublic Elementary or High Schools – Contact the Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice

Public Colleges – Contact the Florida College System

Public Universities – Contact the State University System of Florida

Public Vocational-Technical Schools – Contact Career and Adult Education

Nonpublic Postsecondary Institutions – Follow the instructions below

To file a complaint against a nonpublic postsecondary institution in Florida, please write a letter or send an e-mail containing the following information:

  1. Name of Student (or Complainant)
  2. Complainant Address
  3. Phone Number
  4. Name of Institution
  5. Location of the Institution (City)
  6. Dates of Attendance
  7. A full description of the problem and any other documentation that will support your claim such as enrollment agreements, correspondence, etc.
  8. The complaint process of the Commission involves contacting the institution to obtain their response to your complaint. If you do not want the Commission to contact the institution you are attending, you must state so in your complaint; however, doing so will greatly hinder the Commission’s ability to assist you with your complaint.
    Send Letter To:

Send Letter To:
Commission for Independent Education 325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL. 32399-0400

Or E-mail: cieinfo@fldoe.org

Or Fax: 850-245-3238

Need to Verify a License?

To verify a Nurse Licensure Compact Multi-State RN or LPN License:
Access https://www.nursys.com and click on "Look up License".


To proceed to the DOH License Verification page (information on Florida licensees only), click here.