You will need access to a desktop or laptop computer with a compatible web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome) installed, your social security number and date of birth.
If you are applying for a license and have not created an account, please follow these steps:
- Visit www.flhealthsource.gov/mqa-services, click on ‘Create New Applicant Account. Once on the registration screen, follow the prompts for new user registration using a valid, active email address.
- Check your email to locate your new account user ID and temporary password. Using your temporary password and user ID provided via email, log into your account. (Note: You will be prompted to create a new password for your account. Enter the temporary password in the “Old/Temporary Password” field.)
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to add any existing health care licenses or previously submitted applications to your account. Follow the prompts to add your license or application using your social security number, date of birth, and mailing address zip code. If you do not have a current license or pending application, or your license is null and void, select “No” to proceed with applying for a license.
If you are already licensed please follow these steps:
- Go to flhealthsource.gov and click the ”Account Login” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the ”Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
*Note: MQA Online Services is not fully compatible with all mobile devices or Apple Safari at this time.