What should I do if my name changes after I apply, but before I am licensed?

Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request which includes your full name, as it appears on your application; the profession you are applying for; your applicant ID number; your new name; your date of birth; the last four digits of your social security number; and your signature. You must also submit supporting documents, which must be one of the following:

  • a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the signature and seal from the clerk of the court
  • a divorce decree restoring your maiden name
  • a court order showing the name change (adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
  • a copy of your social security card and drivers’ license showing the new name