Do you know where to locate the most current edition of the Nurse Practice Act, or how to change your name or address on your license? This update will answer those questions and direct you to the most efficient way to find what you are looking for.
How do I change my name on my nursing or CNA license?
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- A copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court;
- A divorce decree restoring your maiden name; or
- A court order showing the name change (adoption, legal name change, federal identity change).
Documents and requests can be sent to the following address:
Department of Health
Bureau of Operations, Licensure Support Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way Bin C 10
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3260
FAX (850) 245-4791
Any one of these items will be accepted unless there is a question about the authenticity of the document. If you wish to receive a new license that reflects the name change, you must request a duplicate license with a fee of $25.
How does a licensee update their mailing or practice address?
- Login to Online Services by selecting your profession from the dropdown menu and entering your User ID and Password
- Your User ID and Password were mailed with your initial license. Please look at the center section and refer to the Online Services Instructions, item #5.
- If you do not have your User ID and Password, click on Get Login Help
- “Select “Update Addresses” on the left side of the page
- Enter the new address information
- Once you have entered your new address, click on “Process”. You will receive a confirmation page that displays the updated address.
Where do I find the current Nurse Practice Act?
The Nurse Practice Act can be found on the Board website on the Resources page. The Practice Act and all the Board rules can be located under “Florida Statutes & Administrative Codes” or follow this link: https://floridasnursing.gov/resources/
If you are unable to locate what you are looking for, simply type the search term in the box on the upper right corner of our website. For any specific questions, you may also contact the board office via email at Info@FloridasNursing.gov or phone at 850.245.4125.