For Registration as an Autonomous Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, the requirements are as follows and can be found in Section 464.0123, F.S.
- You must hold a Clear, Active, Florida APRN License.
- You must have completed at least 3000 clinical hours under the supervision of an allopathic or osteopathic physician within the past 5 years. These hours may include clinical instructional hours. See 464.123(1)(c), F.S. for complete requirements.
- You must submit proof of three graduate-level semester hours (or the equivalent) in differential diagnosis, and three graduate-level semester hours (or the equivalent) in pharmacology completed within the last five years. Please click here for a description of equivalent courses.
- You must not have been subject to disciplinary action as specified in s. 456.072, F.S. or s. 464.018, F.S., or any similar disciplinary action in any state or jurisdiction within the past five years.
Applications are valid for 1 year. After that time, the application will be expired if not approved. Once an application is expired a new paper application may be submitted. PDF versions of applications can be found at https://floridasnursing.gov/resources/.
All applications are reviewed for completeness within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- Once all materials are submitted, an application specialist will review them. It may be necessary for the application specialist to request additional information.
- When all requirements are met the autonomous practice authorization will be added to the current Florida license.
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Section 464.012: Certification of advanced registered nurse practitioners; fees.
Section 464.0123: Autonomous practice by an advanced practice registered nurse.
Chapter 456: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
Florida Administrative Codes
Section 64B9-4: Board of Nursing